Skip to main content

Famous Last Words (No really, this is the end!)

Well, it is 12:31 AM and the final assignments for this class are due in roughly 12 hours. So in true Erika fashion, I am doing everything at the last minute! I can't really use this post to plan for next week so I am going to use it as more of a reflection. The readings for this week were super fun and I loved getting to learn about Russian fairy tales mostly because of their connection to the Polish folktales used in The Witcher video game and book series that I am a huge nerd for. As for my writing this week I actually really like the storytelling post I wrote this week and I am kinda bummed that it probably won't be read by anyone since this is the end of the semester. But at least I know that it was good. I also revised a creative non-fiction piece for my creative writing class that I am very excited about. For next week, I won't be doing anything for this class since it is over. I also don't have any traditional finals, just 4 papers due on the same day. Oh, joy. But such is the life of an English major. While I was finishing up assignments for this class I got to read some really awesome projects from both the Myth & Folklore and Indian Epics classes. Everyone picked such interesting topics and executed them in such interesting ways. I'm also very happy with the way my own project came to a close. I really love the world I have created for that project and I think I will leave the website up to add to from time to time and hopefully as an example to incoming Myth & Folklore students. It would be great if my project served as an inspiration because I put so much work into every detail. Yay for the end of the semester!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Future Best-Selling Author

Hello, everyone, I am Erika and I am terrible at blogging! Just kidding, I am slowly getting the hang of it. I am an English Writing major who has been at OU forever (I am ancient compared to some of you). I only have 3 semesters left after this one (Fall '17)! I am getting a minor in anthropology, the combination of the two makes this class the perfect fit. The best class that I took last semester was called Day of the Living Dead and it was a class that studied zombies as they appear in literature, being an English major is awesome! My biggest accomplishment last semester was making through Logic with my sanity - it was a philosophy class that counted as a math credit - honestly, I would've been better off with "real" math, let's just say that studying logic is not for me. Most of my summer was spent toiling away at Lowe's but my friends and I took our annual float trip (to float the Illinois River) at the end of July, it was a great way to end the summer. T

Comment Wall

(Ancient Architecture Stock Photo provided by Pexels )

Week 4 Story: The Rabbi's Automaton

(Clockwork Girl & Boy by Milo ) “They call me a magician,” he grumbled to himself as he stared down into the Jewish ghetto below. Beyond the ghetto stood the towering heights of the city-proper. He sat in his leather chair in his dimly lit study twirling the end of his bushy mustache around the tip of his finger.  The Sabbath was approaching and he had no one to assist him. The people feared him - so much that none would work for him.   They were afraid not because he was an evil man but because he was a learned man, a man of science. Drawings of fantastical flying machines on yellowed parchment littered his desk. The people feared Rabbi Lion and his experiments. His genius was not yet understood. Bright flashes of light sometimes shone from his windows. The lay people attributed these flashes of light to demons so none were willing to enter his service.   “Pfft, if I were able to wield magic why would I not just command someone to serve me,” he thought. “I shall make